Hot water, efficiently
Harvest the free energy from our plentiful air to heat your water with the advanced Midea heat pump from Chromagen. This renewable energy water heating technology uses up to 65% less energy than a conventional water heater, whilst providing reliable hot water all day and night.
Hot water is a basic household need and there are few things more soothing than relaxing in a warm shower or bath. There are however, few things more frustrating than running out of hot water just when you want it, but with a Midea heat pump, regardless of the weather, reliable hot water is always on tap.
Heat pumps utlise an ingenious technology to efficiently transfer thermal energy directly from the surrounding air and into the water, and so do not rely on the sun or fossil fuels to provide an energy source.
How it works
- A fan draws in air, containing heat energy, across the evaporator
- The evaporator turns the liquid refrigerant into a gas
- The compressor pressurises the refrigerant into a hot gas
- The hot gas inside the condenser coil heats the water inside the coil-wrapped tank
- The refrigerant reverts back to a liquid after heating the water and continues to the evaporator for the process to start again
The heat pump advantage:
- Heath pumps produce significantly more heat energy than the power input, making them highly efficient water heaters
- Huge savings in running costs over an electric storage system
- Heat pumps do not require roof top solar thermal collectors. For this reason heat pumps are ideal where solar water heaters are not viable
- Chromagen's Midea heat pump is designed to provide a fast and easy replacement of an existing electric hot water system
- Economical to purchase, install and run
- Eligible for Government STCs (eligibility criteria apply)
STCs (Small-scale Technology Certificates
The highly energy efficient Midea hot water pump qualifies to generate Small-scale Technology Certificates under the FEderal Government RET scheme and so Australian consumers can use these to reduce the point of sale price of their heat pump when replacing an existing hot water system.
Did you know?
Water heating accounts for nearly a quarter of the energy use and greenhouse gas emissions in the average Australia home!
An energy efficient hot water system is a great way for households to make substantial reductions in their energy consumption and cost of living. A heat pump provides a quick and easy replacement of your old energy-hungry electric water heater, whilst also reducing CO2 emissions by over 4 tonnes and saving you up to $930 per year.
There has never been such an advanced hot water system that provides intuitive operation such as temperature monitor, ON/OFF timer, safety lock, auto-dimming LCD and power outage memory, all encompassed in a sophisticated design. Plus, it operates at a very low 48 dBA which will keep your neighbours happy and you will hardly know it's there!
The Midea heat pump has 3 running modes:
- ECO mode. This is the standard mode where the highest efficiency is achieved without need for the heating element to be engaged.
- Hybrid mode. This engages when the air temperature drops below 10°C. During this mode of operation, the heat pump and electric element are working together.
- E-heater mode. This kicks in when the ambient air temperature drops below 5°C. In E-heater mode, the electricity element is used exclusively to heat water.
Call us on 1300 446 374 to discuss your solar hot water requirements or send us a message here